Product Owner (Core Infrastructure Team)
We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product — a platform for digital marketers. New stars are born here, so don’t miss your chance. This is our job role for those who want to turn ideas into reality using code, algorithms, and maybe a bit of magic.
And this is our Product Owner role for those who know how to build a successful product development strategy, appreciate communication with users, and are ready to conquer the international market together with the team.
Tasks in the role
Define the product’s vision, strategy, and roadmap by ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals. Translating product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes.
Creating a product roadmap for the long term (1-2 years).
Formation of product hypotheses, their defense, and verification.
Identification, elaboration, and prioritization of requirements.
Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas to improve the internal customer experience.
Scope and prioritize the product backlog based on business and customer impact.
Support requirements from data protection regulations (GDPR and such).
Definition, monitoring, and analysis of product metrics.
Interaction with data providers, development, and marketing teams.
Conducting product planning and PBR with the development team. Drive product launches, including working with all relevant stakeholders.
Identification of competitors and competitive analysis.
Protection and regular synchronization of product strategy with business representatives.
Communication of product plans to the company’s employees. Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding of your product area.
Who we are looking for
- Experience in a Product Owner or Product Manager role.
- Understanding of Agile and Scrum and understanding of Product Owner role.
- High-level knowledge of product analytics (and experience in applying it).
- Experience in setting objectives for the development team and designers.
- Ability to listen and hear the other party, to negotiate and build win-win solutions.
- The ability to dive in and understand the new subject area.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- English proficiency to at least an upper-intermediate level.
- Analytical mindset, work experience, and/or desire to work with such a mindset.
They say there are no perfect candidates, but that might well be you, if
- You have experience working on requirements for compliance with GDPR and equivalent regulations.
- Experience working on products for internal end-users.
- Technical background (understanding of databases and algorithms).
- You share our common values: Trust, as we prefer to speak up and be our true selves; Sense of Ownership, as it’s not worth wasting time on something you don’t believe in; and enthusiasm for Constant Changes, as we are always looking to make things better.
A bit about the team
You can get to know the team better at one of the interviews, but some brief information about future colleagues will be useful now.
The Core Infrastructure Team is responsible for authorization and user profiles, handling user data, and internal product limits. This team oversees all implementations for the items regarding data protection & privacy regulations and the personal dashboard of Semrush users.
As the team responsible for user data governance, the focus is on everything we do to ensure data is secure, private, accurate, available, and usable. This includes the actions people must take, the processes they must follow, and the technology that supports them throughout the user data life cycle.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- Work format Choice: It’s up to you to decide what work format works best for you. You can #wfo, #wfh, or mix both.
- Flexible working day start.
- Health insurance
- Breakfast, snacks, and coffee at the office.
- Corporate events.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Compensation for sports and hobby expenses (Employee+Family).
- Training, courses, conferences.
- English and Serbian courses.
- Gifts for employees.
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media, and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We’ve been developing our product for 14 years and have been awarded G2’s Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and many more. In March 2021, Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition, including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist