Procurement Director (Operation Team)
We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product – a platform for digital marketers, and this is our Procurement Director role for those who possess a strong sense for detail and, analytical skills and are ready to combat discrepancies in financial records
Tasks in the role
We are currently seeking a Procurement Director. This position is responsible for leading our global procurement team. The team currently consists of three procurement specialists. As we expand to new countries, and rapidly grow our operations, we recognize the potential benefits of a more mature procurement function. We are initiating a P2P transformation with a priority on establishing processes that support our accounting and finance requirements, improve employee experience, and enable us to get the most value for vendor spend.
- Bring best practices and experience to the company, especially in the area of procure-to-pay process (P2P)
- Establish and lead all procurement processes with first priority on transforming P2P
- Collaborate with accounting, finance, systems, and legal teams to define requirements, agree on processes, evaluate and implement tools.
- Understand and clarify how processes need to be customized at the country level, and which tasks should be performed by centralized procurement versus business functions
- Determine SLAs and KPIs for procurement processes; with a focus on cycle-time, information quality/re-work levels, transparency of information for employees, and cost-saving targets
- In partnership with Treasury team, create payment terms hierarchy and defines our P-card program
- Closely monitor and manage the procurement process to ensure strong performance
- Build relationships across the company to identify opportunities to capture more value from our vendors, and continuously improve processes
- Coach procurement specialists in developing category strategies and forming sourcing plans
- Develop organization, determine where additional staff are needed, and how roles and responsibilities of the current team should be adjusted
Who we are looking for
- B.S. degree required
- 10 years of experience within procurement and three plus (3+) years of experience in a leadership or supervisory capacity
- Experience defining and improving P2P processes in an international company
- Experience with ERP systems
- Experience with P2P tools, such as Ariba or Coupa
- Proficient in Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office Suite programs
They say there are no perfect candidates, but it might well be you, if
- You have experience with Oracle ERP
- Communication skills and proven ability to manage complex processes cross-functionally
- Influencing skills to win support for new ideas and processes within the company
- Strong analytical skills to make data-driven recommendation and decisions
A bit about the team
You can get to know the team better at one of the interviews, but some brief information about future colleagues will be useful now.
The Procurement team is responsible for sourcing and onboarding vendors, ensuring Semrush receives the best value, and managing a frictionless buying process for our employees. The team is part of the Administration department, which aims to provide our employees with the services and workplaces they need to do their best work.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- Boston is preferred, but position could be remote or at any of our office locations
- Work format choice: It’s up to you to decide what work format works best for you. You can #wfo, #wfh, or mix both
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision plans
- Dependent Care Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) plan with flexible ways to save and fully vested employer match up to 4%
- Generous PTO (Vacation, Floating Holidays and Paid Sick Time)
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Life Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Corporate events
- Snacks, coffee, tea
- Free parking for employees (Prudential Center)
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We've been developing our product for 13 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.
Talent Acquisition Specialist