Computer Engineer - Web-Scraping (Kompyte Team)
We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product – a platform for digital marketers.
And this is our Python and Node.JS Engineer role for those who want to turn ideas into reality using code, algorithms, and maybe a bit of magic.
Tasks in the role
As a Python and Node.JS Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing and supporting Kompyte’s web scraping tools. You will implement both site-specific and site-agnostic navigation and interactions. You will also implement cloaking tools to bypass bot-detection systems. Efficiency and scalability is also a must, as you will be dealing with huge amounts of data that is inter-related among hundreds of websites. We implement our own low-level web-crawling and web-scraping tools, so you will have to understand how Browsers (Chrome) work internally and debug 3rd-party code
Who we are looking for
- 2+ years in a similar role (web-scraping, information retrieval/extraction)
- Proficient in Python 3
- Deep understanding of modern web technologies and Web APIs: ECMAScript 7, Web Animations, WebSockets API, Web Workers API, MutationObserver/IntersectionObserver API
- Awareness of software design patterns. Clean coding
- Experience with web-crawling / web-scrapping tools: Puppeteer, Scrapy, Selenium, Chrome DevTools Protocol, PyQuery, Cheerio
- Software Testing and Debugging
- Autonomous Work, Fast Learning
- Ability to communicate in English
A bit about the team
You can get to know the team better at one of the interviews, but some brief information about future colleagues will be useful now.
Kompyte is a team that develops a competitive intelligence automation and sales enablement platform. We're a part of Semrush since February 2022 and form a separate Unit. Our product is the industry's only fully AI-driven solution that addresses the challenges Marketing and Sales professionals face.
With tools like battle cards, which provide users real-time information about how their product or service compares to competitors, existing and future customers can gain market leadership with ease.
More info about the tools can be found here – kompyte.com
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- It’s up to you to decide what work format works best for you. You can #wfo, #wfh, or mix both
- Flexible working day start
- Health insurance coverage
- Working from a modern coworking space (or working from home)
- Internet coverage (up to 30 eur/month)
- Corporate events
- Annual paid vacation (22 working or 30 calendar days)
- Training, courses, conferences
- English and Spanish courses
- Gifts for employees
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We've been developing our product for 13 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.
Talent Acquisition Specialist