DevOps Engineer (Solar Team)
We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product – a platform for digital marketers.
And this is our DevOps Engineer role for those who want to turn ideas into reality using code, algorithms, and maybe a bit of magic.
Tasks in the role
- Simplifying deployment of existing services – working with staging environments.
- Simplifying the deployment of new services.
- Addressing issues during the design phase of new infrastructure elements.
- Developing processes of service health monitoring and data backup storage together with our SRE team.
Who we are looking for
- 3+ years of experience as a system administrator or DevOps engineer.
- Experience with Linux operating system administration.
- Hands-on experience with web servers and databases such as Nginx, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with working with Git.
- Experience with commercial cloud computing systems such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience with organizing builds and pipelines using GitLab CI, TeamCity, or Jenkins.
- Experience with containerizing applications using Kubernetes.
- Experience with IaC approach and Terraform.
They say there are no perfect candidates, but that might well be you, if
- You have experience working specifically with GCP.
- Experience with K8s.
- Experience with RabbitMQ, Kafka, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Knowledge of Java.
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregation systems such as Prometheus, Grafana, and Splunk.
- Experience organizing tracing using OpenTracing and Zipkin.
- Good understanding of Agile, and CI/CD principles.
A bit about the team
Our team is developing a set of tools for Social Media Marketers to cover all of their needs, from publishing content to performing competitive analysis. The team consists of eight people in total—three Backend Engineers, two Frontend Engineers, one QA Engineer, one DevOps Engineer, and a Product Owner. The team’s services are now deployed in Kubernetes, GKE, and GCP. In terms of infrastructure, we are faced with a large number of tasks to improve observability of our services, automate environments, and organize alerting. To speed up development and help the team ensure quality functioning of its services, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer.
- Java 17.
- MongoDB and PostgreSQL.
- RabbitMQ and Kafka.
- Google Cloud & GKE.
- Strengthening the team’s expertise in supporting existing systems.
- Simplifying the deployment of new environments.
- Introducing and sharing best practices for building scalable and fault-tolerant systems.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- It’s up to you to decide what work format works best for you. You can #wfo, #wfh, or mix both.
- Flexible working day start.
- Health insurance (Employee + family).
- Psychologist consultations.
- Breakfast, snacks, and coffee at the office.
- Corporate events.
- Compensation for sports and hobby expenses (Employee+Family).
- Training, courses, conferences.
- English courses.
- Gifts for employees.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We've been developing our product for 13 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.
Talent Acquisition Specialist