Java Developer (Orange Team)
We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product – a platform for digital marketers.
And this is our Java Developer (Orange Team) role for those who want to turn ideas into reality using code and maybe a bit of magic.
Tasks in the role
- Participate in developing new features, starting from feature grooming up to release.
- Continuous monitoring of already released features and reacting to alerts.
- Participate in refactoring/improvements of legacy functionality.
- Develop and improve infrastructure through DevOps practice.
- Participate in a code-review sessions.
Who we are looking for
- Strong knowledge of Java.
- Strong expertise in Spring, Spring Boot.
- Knowledge of architectural design patterns and principles.
- Experience with web-based applications.
- Strong expertise in relational databases.
- Good level of English (at least a B1).
They say there are no perfect candidates, but that might well be you, if you
- know GitLab CI, Google Cloud Platform, especially Cloud Spanner and Cloud Pub/Sub
A bit about the team
We are the Orange Team. Team is splited by three locations: Amsterdam, Prague and Barcelona. We develop Surround Sound. The project was started from scratch almost year ago. The team consists of backend, frontend, and QA engineers, designer and product owner, but the number of tasks is growing, so we’re looking for a new backend engineer!
What we use
- The backend uses Java 17, Spring Boot 2.7, GC Spanner, GC Pub/Sub, GC Storage, GC Memstore
- The frontend uses React, TypeScript.
- CI/CD built in Gitlab CI and deploys to GCP.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
Flexible working day start.
Health insurance coverage.
Internet coverage (up to 30 eur/month).
Annual leave as per the employment legislation of the country of stay (employment).
Training, courses, conferences.
Gifts for employees.
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We've been developing our product for 13 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.
Talent Acquisition Specialist