Managing Editor (Organic Search Team)
We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product – a platform for digital marketers.
And this is our Managing Editor role for those who know how to write blog posts that appeal both to readers and Google.
Tasks in the role
- Be the “arbiter of quality” for the Semrush blog, ensuring that every article we publish is extremely helpful for readers while also nailing search intent.
- Manage and mentor our editors, and also coach our writers.
- Hire and develop additional in-house editors and writers.
- Evolve our content-quality standards as needed over time to further improve our search rankings and provide incredible value for readers.
- Give clear, useful feedback to help our content team improve (both in terms of content, and more generally as a leader within the team).
- Help ensure that our team’s content production rate doesn’t fall, while also maintaining our new, high quality standards and ensuring our company style guide is followed.
- Develop processes for working with other teams to ensure their blog posts meet our standards as well.
Who we are looking for
We think that this experience and competences will help our future colleague to join the team:
- Results-driven, but reader-obsessed. Our content should both rank well and be amazingly valuable to readers.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- 3+ years of experience writing and/or editing long-form, comprehensive blog content that addresses its target keyword’s search intent.
- Ability to instantly spot what’s “wrong” with a piece of content, and clearly explain the problem and how to improve it.
- Real SEO expertise from hands-on experience. (Bonus points for marketing experience in other areas too, like PPC, SMM and CRO).
- Experience using Semrush tools or our competitors’ tools.
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing industry.
- Extreme attention to detail, without micromanaging.
- Strong project- and time-management skills.
- Speak and write in American English with native-level proficiency.
A bit about the team
You’ll be part of our new Organic Content team, which means you’ll work with people who care a LOT about publishing great work.
We’re on a mission to dramatically improve the quality of our blog content. With the goal of making the Semrush blog the best place in the world to learn SEO.
We’re a collaborative team that thrives on clear and frequent feedback. We take ownership of our work, but frequently ask for each other’s opinions on how to improve it.
At the same time, we’re quickly scaling up. Which makes this role a great opportunity to hire and grow some of the best talent in the industry.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- Work format REMOTE: This offer stands for the remote work format. Digital nomadism, #wfh – call it what you like ;)
- Flexible working day start.
- Health insurance coverage (up to 120 eur/month).
- Working from a modern coworking space (or working from home).
- Commuting expense coverage - NL Business Card.
- Internet coverage (up to 30 eur/month).
- Corporate events.
- Annual paid vacation (25 days).
- Training, courses, conferences.
- English and Dutch courses.
- Gifts for employees.
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We've been developing our product for 13 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.