Manual QA Engineer (Black Team)
We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product – a platform for digital marketers.
And this is our Manual QA Engineer role for those who want to turn ideas into reality using test scripts, automation, and maybe a little magic.
Tasks in the role
Writing test strategy and test analysis.
Writing test cases and maintaining documentation.
Performing manual testing and providing cases for automation.
Tracking product quality at all stages of the software development life cycle.
Reviewing new features and bug fixes.
Interacting with developers and designers.
Who we are looking for
We think that this experience and competencies will help our future colleague to join the team.
- 1+ years of manual testing experience.
- Good knowledge of software testing theory and good understanding of software life cycle.
- Experience in maintaining test documentation.
- Experience with Rest API and HTTP clients such as Postman.
- Experience with databases. It will be a bonus if you are familiar with MongoDB.
- Experience testing client-server applications.
- Skills in working with the command line of *nix systems.
- Experience with Chrome DevTools and other web testing tools.
- Experience with any Test Management Tool (TestRail, Zephyr, XRay, etc.)
They say there are no perfect candidates, but that might well be you, if
- You have experience with GitLab CI.
- Experience with Splunk and Grafana.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Allure.
- Experience with SCRUM methodology.
- Experience with GCP, K8s, and Docker.
- Experience with CI tools like GitLab CI or Jenkins at the level of using existing jobs and pipelines.
A bit about the team
You can get to know the team better at one of the interviews, but some brief information about future colleagues will be useful now.
The Black Team is designing and developing the Site Audit product. With this product, users can audit their websites for technical issues and track changes and statistics on different types of errors. The team already has three highly skilled QA automation engineers, and they are looking for a manual QA engineer.
Our testing stack
- YouTrack, Confluence, Allure, and GitLab CI.
Our project stack
- Back-end: HTTP/REST API, Java, NodeJS, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, and Apache Ignite.
- Infrastructure: GCP and K8s.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- Work format Choice: It’s up to you to decide what work format works best for you. You can #wfo, #wfh, or mix both.
- Flexible working day start.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Internet coverage (up to 30 eur/month).
- Annual leave as per the employment legislation of the country of stay (employment).
- Training, courses, conferences.
- English courses.
- Gifts for employees.
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We've been developing our product for 13 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.