QA Manual Engineer (Avocado Team)
We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product – a platform for digital marketers.
And this is our QA Engineer role for those who want to turn ideas into reality using test scripts, automation, and maybe a little magic.
Tasks in the role
Performing exploratory testing of external partner applications.
Reviewing applications integrated into the App Center for compliance with Semrush requirements. Reviewing is based on a checklist for compliance with the required documentation.
Providing technical support to the developer of the application regarding integration into the App Center.
Testing new functionality manually.
Researching and improving the product’s test coverage.
They say there are no perfect candidates, but that might well be you, if
- You have 1+ years of manual testing experience. Half a year of experience is also acceptable.
- Good knowledge of the testing fundamentals—software quality assessment, test design techniques, and the testing pyramid.
- Understanding of the software life cycle.
- Experience in maintaining test documentation.
- Experience with Rest API and an HTTP client, such as Postman.
- Experience with databases. It’s good to know PostgreSQL.
- Experience testing client-server applications.
- Experience with Chrome DevTools and other web-testing tools.
- English at upper-intermediate or higher level
A bit about the team
We are the Avocado Team, and we’re creating a new App Center project. It’s a third-party app store within Semrush. This is a platform at the intersection of product and infrastructure, which also includes tools for quick integration of new apps, documentation, API, and SDK.
There are more and more tasks, so now we are looking for an experienced QA Engineer who strives to make the product better and for whom the programming language is just a tool for solving problems.
What we’re using
- Server: Python, Nginx, aiohttp, SQLAlchemy, Alembic, PostgreSQL, and Pytest.
- Client: React, TypeScript, CSS-modules, Jest, and Webpack.
- Also, GitLab CI, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, Splunk, and Sentry.
Our team chooses the tools themselves, so they may change. We are always trying new things—sometimes, we add or remove something. There are eleven people on the Development Team—one Product Owner, one Technical Owner, four Full Stack Developers, three QA Engineers, one Product Manager, and a UX Designer.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- Work format FLEX: This offer stands for the “hybrid” work format: some days, you work from the office, and some #wfh. Trust us, it’s an efficient way of work. Proven!
- Flexible working day start
- Health insurance coverage
- Internet coverage (up to 30 eur/month)
- Annual leave as per the employment legislation of the country of stay (employment)
- Training, courses, conferences
- English courses
- Gifts for employees
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing. We've been developing our product for 13 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker. 10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.
Head of Global Recruitment