Revenue Controller (Accounting Division)
We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product – a platform for digital marketers. New stars are born here, so don’t miss your chance. And this is our Revenue Controller role for those who possess a strong sense for detail, analytical skills and are ready to combat discrepancies in financial records.
Tasks in the role
- Oversee the Accounts Receivable & Deferred Revenue reporting globally.
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial close requirements around billing, collections and revenue recognition.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Responsible for all revenue recognition reporting and compliance requirements.
- Prepare timely Reconciliations & Management Reports as needed.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; 2-5 years related experience and/or training required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in management/leadership roles required.
- Ability to work with large amounts of complex data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software required.
- Big 4 Accounting Firm experience preferred.
- Oracle software experience preferred.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
They say there are no perfect candidates, but that might well be you, if
- Experience in International and European countries
- Tech company experience
- You share our common values: Trust, as we prefer to speak up and be our true selves; Sense of Ownership, as it’s not worth wasting time on something you don’t believe in; and enthusiasm for Constant Changes, as we are always looking to make things better.
A bit about the team
You can get to know the team better at one of the interviews, but some brief information about future colleagues will be useful now.
Reporting directly to the Corporate Controller, the Revenue Controller along with his/her staff of 2-3 reports will be responsible for all aspects of revenue accounting, with primary emphasis on US GAAP accounting standards. This individual will oversee and assess the nature of the
transactions, and business practices to account for customer arrangements. In addition to monthly accounting and reporting of revenue, this
person will provide guidance for and implement process improvements, as well as identify revenue control risks and ensure effective
implementation and documentation of revenue recognition.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- Work format FLEX: This offer stands for the “hybrid” work format: some days, you work from the office, and some #wfh. Trust us, it’s an efficient way of work. Proven!
- Low cost medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Dependent Care Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- 401(k) plan with flexible ways to save and fully vested employer match up to 4%.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Paid parental leave.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Life Insurance.
- Travel Insurance.
- Corporate Events.
- Snacks, coffee, tea.
- Free Parking for employees (Prudential Center).
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We've been developing our product for 14 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.
Talent Acquisition Partner