Senior Accountant (International Accounting Team)
We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product – a platform for digital marketers.
And this is our Senior Accountant role for those who possess a strong sense for detail, analytical skills and are ready to combat discrepancies in financial records.
Tasks in the role
- Prepare journal entries, reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts to ensure transactions are processed and reported in the company’s financial system in accordance with U.S. GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Assist with process and system improvement activities including implementation of new systems.
- Perform flux analysis on the financials monthly to explain material movements in account balances.
- Coordinate with the FP&A team to ensure all expenses are booked and/or allocated to the proper cost center.
- Help document and maintain accounting procedures to strengthen internal controls.
- Prepare quarterly and annual audit schedules.
- Participate in special projects, analysis and ad-hoc tasks as required by management.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience including.
- Strong technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC accounting and reporting requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic-thinking skills with a forward-looking focus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a team environment working with others.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with experience in working toward tight deadlines.
- Strong excel skills using advanced functions such as Vlookup and pivot tables.
They say there are no perfect candidates, but that might well be you, if
- You have Big Four public accounting experience.
- You are a Certified Public Accountant (preferred).
- You have experience with SOX 404 and internal control over financial reporting.
- You have experience working with multi-national companies.
- You demonstrate professional commitment, initiative, accountability and ownership of assignments.
- You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and adept at handling change.
- Proficiency in assigned areas including the accounting treatment of underlying transaction.
A bit about the team
You can get to know the team better at one of the interviews, but some brief information about future colleagues will be useful now.
We are seeking a motivated candidate for a Senior Accountant role to drive the constant enhancement in Semrush’s finance function, processes, systems, and value creation to support and enable continued exemplary financial performance and operations.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the accuracy of Semrush’s domestic accounting processes and internal reporting needs. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Accounting and interact regularly with the international accounting teams to standardize processes across the organization.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- Work format Choice: It’s up to you to decide what work format works best for you. You can #wfo, #wfh, or mix both.
- Low cost medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Dependent Care Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- 401(k) plan with flexible ways to save and fully vested employer match up to 4%
- Generous PTO (Vacation, Floating Holidays and Paid Sick Time).
- Paid parental leave.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Life Insurance.
- Travel Insurance.
- Corporate Events.
- Snacks, coffee, tea.
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We've been developing our product for 13 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist