Senior Manager (Financial Planning and Analysis Team)
We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product – a platform for digital marketers.
And this is our Senior Manager, FP&A for those who possess a strong sense for detail, analytical skills and are ready to combat discrepancies in financial records.
Tasks in the role
- Key Business Partner to Product & Development/Business Unit leaders (C-suite, VP-level) to build revenue and expense forecasts/budgets, review results, and identify areas of opportunity or risk.
- Prepare financial analysis, performance reports, and business-driven commentary.
- Develop and own Business Unit economic models by product and channel and drive actionable insights.
- Partner with the Unit leadership to understand product roadmaps and define a process for measuring product profitability and ROI.
- Identify new KPIs and goals to measure financial performance.
- Drive process improvements and reporting enhancements to improve visibility of the financial data while offering analysis and commentary that will help improve financial performance.
- Responsible for Financial Reporting related to the Units and support accounting with the month-end close.
- Partner with IT to create automated Unit management report.
- Ad hoc financial modeling and analysis.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Oracle-based financial tools such as PBCS, EPM, Hyperion, Essbase, and HFM is a plus.
- High energy, proactive, and independent individual who can serve as a partner and consultant.
- Requires an intellectually curious individual who is eager to learn.
- Outcome-oriented individual who is a problem solver. Can operate with minimal supervision.
- Requires a high level of integrity and personal credibility.
- Excellent organization, communication, and presentation skills required.
- A passion and talent for working collaboratively and servicing internal customers, including operating a team under a business partnering model.
- Experience in complex, global, and ideally SaaS businesses, including partnering with diverse stakeholder groups in multiple time zones.
- Demonstrated experience advising and partnering with Executive Leadership teams.
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Google-based products.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Demonstrated history of financial modeling with business partner mindset.
They say there are no perfect candidates, but that might well be you, if
- You are able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have the ability to simplify financial information and present logical recommendations.
- You share our common values: Trust, as we prefer to speak up and be our true selves; Sense of Ownership, as it’s not worth wasting time on something you don’t believe in; and enthusiasm for Constant Changes, as we are always looking to make things better.
A bit about the team
You can get to know the team better at one of the interviews, but some brief information about future colleagues will be useful now.
Financial planning & analysis or FPnA – This department is responsible for planning our costs for different periods, reconciliation of plan and actual costs, and preparation of the profit and loss budget (P&L). The team helps with understanding the budget of the department you work for, the budget for personnel, new vacancies, and advises on the most appropriate option in regard to the budget.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- Work format Choice: It’s up to you to decide what work format works best for you. You can #wfo, #wfh, or mix both.
- Flexible working day start.
- Health insurance coverage (up to 120 eur/month).
- Working from a modern coworking space (or working from home).
- Commuting expense coverage - NL Business Card.
- Internet coverage (up to 30 eur/month).
- Corporate events.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Hobby benefit.
- Training, courses, conferences.
- English and Dutch courses.
- Gifts for employees.
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We've been developing our product for 14 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.
Talent Acquisition Specialist