Senior Web Designer (Creative Agency)
We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product—a platform for digital marketers.
And this is our Senior Web Designer role for idea generators, planning geniuses, and natural-born analysts.
Tasks in the role
Marketing landing page design, UI/UX for corporate website pages and external web projects, visual concepts, and design of custom projects.
Visual direction for digital channels. Develop and improve the brand’s visual language in various digital channels (landing pages, email marketing, static and animated banners).
Advertising campaigns. Participation in the development of creative and visual concepts for advertising campaigns, adaptation and development of concepts for digital channels.
Marketing design system. Development, support, and maintenance of the component design system for digital marketing projects.
Overseeing the quality of work of designers and developers.
Motivation and support of team members, team assessment.
Improving the efficiency of teamwork processes.
Building effective workflow to interact with other teams of the internal design team within the framework of joint projects (motion design, graphic design, creative).
Building interaction with outsourced contractors.
Who we are looking for
- Strong portfolio that consists of projects in different required fields: presentational and promotional landing pages and websites, digital advertising campaigns, and design systems.
- 3+ years of experience in digital agency/in-house (or both) as a Senior Web Designer.
- Specialized education (Graphic Design, Digital Design degree preferable).
- Figma (expert level)—absolute must-have. Mastery of Adobe CS and other tools required to execute. Cinema and After Effects as an advantage.
- Profound skills in web design & typography, up-to-date with latest trends in web layout design (desktop/mobile), grids and adaptive/responsive capabilities, usability, coding, and on-page animation.
- Holistic approach. A clear understanding of how a digital brand interacts with the audience in a modern digital environment. A holistic approach to the big brand digital ecosystem (LPs, animated/static banners, email marketing, etc.) in terms of functionality, high-level aesthetic, and creativity.
- Advertising experience. Experience in developing digital advertising campaigns (understanding how a big idea unfolds and develops in various online channels).
- Broad outlook and experience. Understanding of trends in graphic and communication design, 2D/3D illustration, icon design, photography, and advertising.
- Design systems. Experience in building component design systems.
- Communication & Leadership. Excellent communication, leadership and presentation skills: task setting, delegation, smart team management, ability to listen, hear and inspire.
- Good command of spoken English. The ability to discuss the details of the project and present the results of the work to the English-speaking team of internal customers.
They say there are no perfect candidates, but that might well be you, if
- You have the ability to attract and manage external resources in accordance with the project needs (database of proven freelance designers, illustrators, coders and/or agencies).
- Cinema, After Effects, and other useful tools and apps in addition to basic professional software.
- Experience in coding.
A bit about the team
You can get to know the team better at one of the interviews, but some brief information about future colleagues will be useful now.
Semrush’s in-house Marketing Design Team is a part of the in-house Creative Agency and responsible for the visual identification and promotion of the company's brand and products through comprehensive promotional campaigns across various channels. The Team consists of Motion Design, Branding & Graphic Design, Social Media & Content Design, and Web Design & Dev teams.
In addition to being a practitioner, the Senior Web Designer should provide oversight of the Web Design Team's projects, guiding and supporting team members (designers and developers).
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- This offer stands for the remote work format. Digital nomadism, #wfh—call it what you like ;)
- Flexible working day start
- Health insurance coverage
- Annual leave as per the employment legislation of the country of stay (employment)
- Training, courses, conferences
- Gifts for employees
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media, and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We’ve been developing our product for 13 years and have been awarded G2’s Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, and many more. In March 2021, Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition, including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.
Talent Acquisition Specialist