Technical Owner / Data Engineer (Wind Team)
We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product – a platform for digital marketers.
And this is our Technical Owner / Data Engineer) role for those who want to turn ideas into reality using code, algorithms, and maybe a bit of magic.
Tasks in the role
- System architecture development.
- Development of the architecture transformation roadmap.
- Control and maintenance of architecture transformation.
- Design of scalable and fault-tolerant solutions.
- Construction of data-monitoring systems.
- Development of the technology stack and infrastructure components.
- Mentoring technical problems and participating in code reviews.
- Control and audit of DWH development processes.
- Keep balance between business tasks from PO and technical DWH development.
Who we are looking for
- 3+ years of experience in technical leadership of DWH architecture development.
- Experience working with analysis, optimization, and control of data integration systems using messages queues.
- Experience working with GitLab CI, Docker, Google Cloud Platform, Airflow.
- Experience with highly loaded MPP DBMS.
- Excellent knowledge of BQ/Greenplum, SQL, Python.
- Experience with data modeling.
- Experience working with streaming processing.
They say there are no perfect candidates, but that might well be you, if
- You have a proactive approach to tasks, orientation on the solution first.
- Ability to quickly get involved in the workflow, to understand in detail the built infrastructure, and continue to develop it.
- Ready to explore and experiment with new development tools.
- Ready to plunge into the subject area and learn as the project progresses.
- Be a motivated team player with the ability to listen and hear others.
- Knowledge of English to be able to communicate with English-speaking top tech managers.
- Share Agile values.
A bit about the team
Our mission is to develop an analytical data warehouse for marketing, sales, and product segments to provide data and contribute to increasing customer conversions and retention—main metrics that influence MRR in different business channels. We collect, store, and transmit a large amount of data from other teams inside Semrush. Now, the team includes PO, business/system analysts, and data engineers. New tasks keep coming, and we are looking for a new colleague to take a leadership role in the technical development of the data warehouse.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- This offer stands for the “hybrid” work format: some days, you work from the office, and some #wfh. Trust us, it’s an efficient way of work. Proven!
- Flexible working day start
- Health insurance coverage
- Working from a modern coworking space (or working from home)
- Corporate events
- Training, courses, conferences
- English and Spanish courses
- Gifts for employees
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We've been developing our product for 13 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.